Blending sponges are a great addition to your makeup bag. But how in the world do you use these funny shaped tools? Check out the simple steps and tips below:
- The wide rounded end is used for your concealer, foundation and blush. Anything that needs a more widespread application on your face.
- The smaller, pointed end is used for the corner of your eyes and anywhere you need to be more precise.
- Wet your sponge and squeeze out the liquid so it is slightly damp. Using a slightly damp sponge keeps your makeup from getting absorbed into the sponge before it reaches your face. No need to waste good makeup!
- You can add your foundation or BB creme to the sponge or your hand and then dip the sponge in the product. Play around with what method works for you.
- Stipple or dot your face with the blending sponge, don’t rub. Continue applying until you achieve a flawless, airbrushed look.
- Don’t forget to clean your sponge frequently. The Tea Tree & Citrus Foaming liquid soap is fantastic for cleaning makeup brushes and sponges due to the natural antibacterial blend of organic Tea Tree, Lemongrass, Grapefruit and Orange essential oils that are in the soap.
- Depending on how often you use your blender sponge it should be replaced every 3-6 months.
- Have fun! Playing with makeup isn’t just for teenagers.